Please notify us within 30 days of receipt of your order if you need to return or exchange your order for any reason. If your hardware or door has been altered in any way it cannot be returned. Custom doors and or hardware cannot be returned. The Return, Exchange form must be filled out and enclosed with your return shipment in order to receive a refund or credit. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
To return any product purchased from Rustica Hardware, you’ll be required to follow the procedures that apply to your circumstances, outlined below:
1. Contact Rustica Hardware to obtain a Return Exchange Form.
2. Print and fill out the Return Exchange Form
3. Ship Package with the Return Exchange Form to:
Damages in shipping and manufacturers defects:
If you notice damages or defects to your order once it has been opened and you choose to return the order, you are responsible to re-package the order using the item’s original packaging materials and assure that the product is suitable for shipping. You are required to contact Rustica Haredware within 30 days. We will arrange the shipping of your damaged merchandise back to Rustica Hardware and will re-issue a replacement order.
The returned order must be received by Rustica Hardware within 30 days of the receipt of your order to insure the process of your replacement order.
Return Information on Doors
Once a door is finished there is no longer a warranty against warping, due to the fact that we can not guarantee the finish work provided on the door by customer and/or their painter.
- Again, we would like to apologize for this happening but here are a few suggestions that may help to correct the movement in your barn door slats.
– The first and easiest solution that we would suggest to correct a warped door is switching the direction and order of the boards. For example, if the bottom right corner of your door is warped the location of where the warp starts must be first identified. The warping normally occurs in the vertical tongue and groove pieces (b1, b2, b3 etc. referring to direction sheet). Many times it is only one of the vertical boards that is warped which sends the boards to the left or right of the board out of alignment with the rest of the door. In order to compensate for the warp you would flip the warped board or boards and assemble the warp on the top of the door rather than on the bottom.
If the door is warped on both ends of door, creating an S warp, then an inverse assembly would need to be done. The bottom right corner would need to be reassembled at the top left part of the door and the same for the bottom left moving to the upper right. In short, you will reverse the assembly process.
- If you are not able to correct the warp we would be happy to provide a discount on a new door that has a warranty against warping to prevent this occurrence from happening again.
All of our finished doors do come with a 30 DAY warranty against warping.
Broken or Cracked Door Slates
In order for us to help with any broken or cracked door slates we will need images of the damages within the first 30 days of receiving the barn door. We will also need specification for which slats were damaged. If you could please provide this information to our customer service department immediately.
Customer Choice return:
For all returns excluding damages or defects that you choose to return, you must repackage the order using the items’ original packaging materials assuring that the product is suitable for shipping. You are responsible to ship the order back to Rustica Hardware. You may use the shipping carrier that is most convenient for you. You are required to contact Rustica Hardware return it to within 30 days of receipt of your order. The returned order must be received by Rustica Home within 30 days of receipt of your order, to process a refund. Merchandise returned for customer convenience is subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Rustica Hardware Customer Care & Service:
Our experienced customer service representatives are available to talk live with you Monday through Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm Mountain Standard Time.
You may place an order at any time 24 hours a day 7 days a week using our secure online ordering process.